St. Rita Parish
Updated July 2023
The Parish Business Manager is responsible for all financial and administrative processes for the parish as they relate to accurate bookkeeping, cash management, payroll, accounts payable/receivable, and licensing. Principle duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Filing of reports to the Archdiocese and all local, state and federal agencies as required by law
- Preparation of all license applications for parish activities, such as raffles, sale of soda and liquor, etc.
- Preparation of donation reporting for all charitable and otherwise restricted contributions made to the parish
- Serving as secretary and resource for Parish Finance Council including sending out materials and taking minutes at evening meetings the 3rd Tuesday of the month
- Attendance at regular staff meetings, recording and distributing meeting notes
- Providing technology support to the parish office including administration of google account and website domain renewal
- Assisting staff and volunteers with compliance to parish & Archdiocesan policies
- Serving as Safe Environment Coordinator
- Posting Masses and special events to the Archdiocese website
- Maintaining inventory of keys/assignment of keys including the electronic key fobs at church
- Maintaining parish office phone system/recording outgoing messages, etc.
- Maintaining/ordering office supplies as needed
- Performing general office work/support receptionist
- Assisting with other duties as requested by the pastor
- Administration and management of employee benefit packages (under the guidance of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee)
- Maintaining employee records, employment agreements, personnel files, etc.
- Preparation and distribution of employment letters
- Bookkeeping and banking for all parish business including the church, Religious Education, festival, and other parish events such as Lenten fish frys, etc.
- Reconciliation of all parish bank accounts
- Counting, recording and depositing monies as need arises
- Coordination of the weekly money counting from Mass collections and deposit the same
- Management of ACH for all families who wish to use this process for donations
- Processing and paying invoices
- Preparation and presentation of monthly, quarterly and annual parish financial reports to the Finance Council, Pastoral Council, and the parish
- Preparation and presentation of the annual budget and Confidential Financial Statement to the Archdiocese of Milwaukee
- Preparation and presentation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to Siena Catholic Schools
- Preparation of the payroll for all parish employees including all reporting for payroll taxes, W2’s, etc.
- Assisting with the preparation of annual budgets for all areas of the parish
- PDS (Parish Data Systems)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Independent work (self-starter)
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong Organizational skills
- Professional, dependable, flexible
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented