Our committees are a crucial part of our community for how they serve our parishioners and school. These various committees meet regularly once a month to plan, execute, and improve our parish and school. All are invited to join a committee to become more involved in various projects and events. You can learn more about our parish, school, while growing your faith and making new friends. Pray and consider where God is calling you!
- Prayer & Worship Committee - This committee nourishes and gives direction to the liturgical aspect of parish life. They ensure all parishioners are provided with opportunities to deepen their faith through a variety of prayer experiences and liturgical celebrations. The various responsibilities include organizing music, preparation for worship, caring for the worship space, establish worship policies, provide multiple forms of prayer, and implement overall Archdiocesan recommendations. If you’re interested in becoming a part of this committee, please contact Jessica Knierim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Athletics Committee - The Athletics Committee organizes and enables St. Rita's youth to participate in Racine Parochial Athletics League within guidelines and regulations by the Archdiocesan. This committee offers a variety of sports such as volleyball, cross country, basketball, and track and field, and organizes and leads an awesome group of coaches and volunteers who are committed to providing our children with an affordable, competitive, and fun athletic environment. They host and coordinate volunteers for the RPAL basketball tournament. If you would like to participate in this committee, please contact Jeremy Werner at email@example.com.
- Buildings & Grounds - The Buildings and Grounds is a sub-committee of the Parish Finance Council. We work closely with the maintenance manager discussing and prioritizing projects for the parish (school, church, and friary), and obtaining contractor bids. Our project recommendations are presented to the Finance Council for approval. Please contact the parish office at 262-639-3223 if you'd like to be involved in this committee.
- Festival Committee: Our Parish puts on a Summer Festival for the community each year in August. St. Rita Festival is a large 3-day event with carnival rides, food, drinks, and popular bands for entertainment. The Festival Committee is broken down into smaller committees that focus on different aspects of the festival such as food and drink, games, entertainment, grounds and maintenance, marketing/sponsorship, and more. If you're interested in getting involved with one of these committees, please contact that parish office at 262-639-3223.
- School Advisory Committee - The purpose of this committee is to serve as an advisory body to the school principal with focus on the function of the school. The committee assists with policy development, identification, and expression of the educational goals and objectives, budget planning, marketing and public relations. There are four independently operated committees the SAC oversees: marketing & Development, School Enhancement, Athletics, and Technology. If you are interested in joining this committee, please contact Cassie Grenfell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Development Committee - Brainstorm and implement new ideas for marketing the school through various programs and the use of traditional and digital marketing. This committee oversees and manages orientation of new families and the children's enrichment fund. They also help in various ways with the annual Golf Outing, Brick Campaign, and Parish Holiday Breakfast. If you're interested in joining this committee, you can contact Stephanie at email@example.com or 262-893-4245, or Jill Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org; 262-331-4339
- Stewardship Committee - Stewardship is a personal response as Christians to the Gospel call to conversion of mind and heart. It’s a faith response to share all we have and thus participate fully in God’s plan for our world. Being a steward is an expression of discipleship – how we understand and live our lives. God calls us to be collaborators in the work of creation, redemption, and sanctification. The goal of this committee is to increase awareness of stewardship efforts, not only in regards to money, but time and talent, as well. If you are interested in joining, please contact Jessica Knierim at email@example.com
- Communications Committee: Brand new! If interested in joining, contact Fr. Rich through the parish office at 262-639-3223