- How do St. Rita students do on Acheivement tests? The school's scores on the IOWA tests are high and are available upon request. We are satisfied to score well while serving a wide range of students; but such scores are not our main focus, which is our religious and academic commitment to each child.
- What are your hours of operation? Do you have extended care? Students enter at 8:05am, and dismissal is at 3:10pm. The school office is open most days from 7:45am to 4pm. We offer before and after school and vacation-days day care/supervision through the parish's CARES program, from 6:30am to 6pm most days of the year.
- Is the Kindergarten half-day or full day? We have full-day Kindergarten that includes the full range of academic and special subjects, paced for an early-childhood environment.
- Do you have programs for gifted and remedial needs? Though we cannot accept students who need special programs or adaptations requiring extra personnel for learning/behavior needs, we teach a wide range of students. Eligible 8th graders may attend High School for Algebra; we have a Reading instruction block Gr. 1-5 that allows for acceleration, and we provide the services of a Remedial/Gifted teacher 3 days per week. Our school programs are strong, study skills are emphasized, and expectations are high.
- Will my child be bused to school? Families residing within our parish boundaries are eligible for busing, and some exceptions are granted (for a fee) for those living close to those boundaries. We generally serve all neighborhoods east of the parish to the lake and north to the Milwaukee County line; other boundaries are Three Mile Road as extended west into the Franksville area, the area of North Green Bay Road as far south as River Bend Drive, and the west boundary is Nicholson Road. We have many families who drive to Saint Rita School daily from other areas. Carpooling is possible.
- What if we are not parishioners or not Catholic?
Though the school is operated by and for Saint Rita Parish, we welcome others as well. Tuition is slightly lower for our parishioners and for those who are active at other Racine Catholic parishes. Tuition amounts are found on the tuition contract, in the registration packet found in the Forms and Flyers link (page 2), or contact the school office for tuition information.
- Is there a scholarship program or tuition help available?
We offer, only for continuing school families who are also St. Rita parishioners, short-term assistance to provide up to 40% of tuition during a family financial crisis, with a two-year limit. We cannot provide any initial, ongoing or long-term tuition support or other assistance within our budget. For those who cannot afford tuition for the day school, the parish also offers Religious Education through the after-school weekly programs for children and youth.